Friday, October 31, 2008

George Clooney After All

Celebrity Sighting

Out from the hedge
a dog bursts into view
stops dead, regards us
my dogs and me
on our morning walk
her owner appears
apologizes for letting
her get away said he
was distracted by an Eagle
Osprey, no, a Bald Eagle
yellow talons, has sighted two
excited I rounded the hedge
beheld a huge bird of prey
perched atop an electric pole
Monk Parrot nest beneath

White head, black body
green sky of frenzied parrots
paparazzi like I raced home
grabbed camera, binoculars
returned to find majestic bird
still perched head swiveling
slowly back and forth regarding
screeching green menace
I steadied the camera
pressed the shutter just
before the bird took flight
binoculars to eyes, Osprey
sighted, no George Clooney
but this Brad Pitt would do

3 comments:

Ann said...

You have been busy, my friend. Mini Driver, George Clooney and Brad Pitt all in one fell swoop, not to mention the first unveiling of your paintings. Brava for your art, all kinds, and now your blog.

Peggy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Peggy said...

I didn't really mean to delete my other comment, just wanted to correct a mangled sentence. Oh well. Very exciting walk you had and how neat to see an osprey close up. I have seen them close up here in S Calif and am always struck by how big they can look. Is this photo the osprey--the body is so dark and head seems to be all white--oh I see this is George Clooney after all! (So must be the bald eagle!)